Proverbs 3:5-6

Trust in the LORD with all thy heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Saturday, September 3, 2011

School! :)


Sorry for not being very diligent in my blogging lately! School has started and things have been much busier for me here. I am so thankful to have the opportunity to teach at our school! I already love my students dearly! However,I think that the more I teach the more that I realize I have no idea what I'm doing! But God will always glorify His name in our weakness! And that's the point isn't it?
On the first day of school, we all participated in something called the "Escolta." Basically, all of the students march around with the Mexican flag and then we sing the Mexican national anthem. It's a very big deal here. I can't imagine what my students thought of their new teacher who had no idea what was going on! :) That was certianly a memorable experiance! I am currently attempting to learn the words to the national anthem. :)
My first week was filled with all sorts of memorable experiances actually. On the second day of school, I ingested some sort of bacteria that prompted my body to react by violently puking for about 12 hours. It's a good thing that no one here has heard of sub plans! I don't think I could have written any if I had tried! :) Here are some pictures of my new classroom :)
I also bought a new bedspread and we painted one of the walls in our room pink :)

4 comments:

Schlipf family said...

Your school room looks so cheerful and l love your bedspread and new painted wall. Everything looks more vibrant in Mx I think!! :)
You all shouldn't share that old bug so much, but thankful it didn't last long and hopefully is gone from the area! We are praying for you!

Cheri Frank said...

Love your room! Are you planning to teach any rhythm lessons?! Remember last summer when the boys had you in stitches!! Love u - Mom

Sara said...

Your classroom and bedroom turned out so cute :) Glad school is going well...wish I could be with ya!

Much love and prayers dear!

Julie said...

Sarah! Your classroom is so cute and I love love your room updates - so fun! Praying that all is going well!

-Julie